- The Confidentiality Policy applies exclusively to products and services offered on the AUDIOAID.COM website, located at 3115 Victoria st., Lachine, Quebec, Canada, H8S 1Z4.
- AUDIOAID.COM respects privacy and seeks to conform to the rules and regulations as defined by Canadian laws. At no time will AUDIOAID.COM sell your personal information.
- AUDIOAID.COM may share news and product special offers with you through mail, email or phone. In those cases and all direct marketing activities, AUDIOAID.COM will seek to obtain your consent beforehand.
- You may, at any time, request to see the personal profile you created on AUDIOAID.COM and request the correction or deletion of your personal profile.
- As required by law, we shall not divulge your personal information unless in a case of violation of our Terms and Conditions.
- Your personal data shall not be divulged to third parties for illegal purposes or without your consent. While risks exist in sharing personal information in person, on the phone or online, and with the understanding that no technology is entirely secure, and given the risks of sabotage or piracy, AUDIOAID.COM nevertheless tries to adopt standard industry measures to prevent and limit risks of unauthorized access, abusive use or inaccuracies in your personal information. Furthermore, AUDIOAID.COM expects all its suppliers to adopt equivalent measures.
- We have additionally adopted security measures through the implementation of an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) system to protect the sending and integrity of data between visitors and the server.
Collection of Data
- When you supply your personal information during the creation of an account, during a transaction, during an order or a return, or when providing payment information, we presume that you accept the collection, stocking and use of that information.
- AUDIOAID.COM can collect, stock and use all the following types of personal information:
- Information pertaining to transactions between you and AUDIOAID.COM on the transactional website, including the information pertaining to the goods and services purchases you make;
- The information you provide to AUDIOAID.COM as part of the registration process with AUDIOAID.COM;
- The information you provide to AUDIOAID.COM in order to subscribe to our eshop, our services, or notifications through email/newsletters;
- The information on your visits and your use of our eshop, in order to improve the navigation experience.
- You may, at any time, contact us to withdraw your consent on the use, the stocking and the collection of your personal data.
- We use PayPal as payment intermediary. Paypal provides a secure payment page that conforms to PCI DSS security standards. No data related to card-number-storing or transactions is ever stored on the AUDIOAID website. Data encryption for the transaction occurs on PayPal’s secure payment page. The AUDIOAID website stores information related to your user account, which you can create and manage from the AUDIOAID website, as well as information related to your orders (ordered products, quantities, prices and totals).
Free Subscription to the AUDIOAID Newsletter
- When you create an AUDIOAID.com account, you can decide to subscribe to our free newsletter. The AUDIOAID newsletter provides information about hearing health and/or special offers on our products and/or services. We hate spam. We will never share your email address with third parties.
- To cancel your subscription to our newsletter, you need only login to your site account and click on "My Account", then on "Newsletter", clicking on the Unsubscribe link, then save your changes. You can also unsubscribe by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of every newsletter we send.
Changes to the Confidentiality Policy
- AUDIOAID.COM reserves the right to change or alter this Confidentiality Policy, at its own discretion, or to alter, modify or remove access to the eshop site or the content of its pages at any time, without forewarning.
- AUDIOAID.COM will inform you of all changes or modifications by displaying an updated Confidentiality Policy on the AUDIOAID.COM website.
- AUDIOAID.COM may send a cookie to be stocked in your browser, on your computer’s hard drive.
- AUDIOAID.COM reserves the right to use the information thus obtained to improve the user-friendliness of its site.
- AUDIOAID.COM may also use this information to recognize a user when the user visits the website and customize its site to the user.
- Most browsers allow a user to refuse or accept cookies. If you refuse the cookies, the ease of use of many websites may be impacted, including the AUDIOAID.COM website.
- Your questions, comments and requests about our Confidentiality Policy can be sent to AUDIOAID.COM’s customer service:
- If you are not satisfied with our reply, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at: www.priv.gc.ca